12 reasons for NOT getting a professional speech writer to help write your wedding speech:
- You are absolutely certain that your version won’t be littered with cut-and-paste jokes and phrases from the internet
- You have mastered the knack of writing in short punchy sound-bites with natural pauses for breath in the right places
- You are able to thread a number of themes, stories and ideas into a coherent, seamless script
- You have a natural feel for how to create the right balance between humour and sincerity in a speech
- You have lots of spare time to craft a number of drafts of a speech until you are certain that not one word is wasted
- You understand the best ways to weave the mundane lists of wedding-day ‘thank yous’ into the speech so no one quite realises how many people you have mentioned
- You have the knack of developing your speech around a theme to hold it together
- You instinctively know how certain words and phrases just don’t work when spoken out loud
- You are able to sum up long stories and complicated relationships in a small and interesting couple of phrases
- You can read through the speech you have written and be certain that it is entirely original and relevant to the audience on the day
- You are certain that when you stand up you won’t wish you’d got some help
- You are certain that when you sit down again you won’t wish you’d got some help
If you can say ‘yes’ to that lot then PLEASE don’t ask me to write your speech. In fact, please do me a favour and give me a call to ask for work.
But if by any remote chance you can’t, please feel free to call me on 020 8245 8999 to discuss how I might be able to help you create the speech of your life!